Saturday, February 25, 2017

Fabulous February!

Can you even believe how fast the February is flying by??? All the crazy days of weather and snow and rain and warm and snow again???? Haha!  Mother Nature is keeping us guessing.  Gotta love it!


I am LOVING the LIGHT that is coming back into our mornings and evenings!  Loving it!  I am waking up anxious to get started on new things and I have been creating up a storm!



When the doorbell rings letting me know that more pens and inks have arrived, it fairly makes my heart flitter.  This week was spent trying out all sorts of new supplies and new techniques with them.  Yes!!

Let me share!


I did this one with zig pens. I love the graduated colors.  The pens write smoothly and the colors are perfectly graduated.  

 I got a new set of Pilot Parallel pens. I had NO idea what they were nor how they worked. I would call them fountain pens.  They come with ink cartridges.  I love using calligraphy pens- whether they are felt tip, fountain pens, or the traditional dip pens with nibs.  The only catch is deciding about color.

With cartridges you are deciding beforehand what size nib and what color- because after you insert it- that is what you have.

With pens- well- obviously you have to buy a LOT of them.... which I DO... haha!  I am a collector of every shape, size, color, and purpose of pen...

This is a fun thing to do with the pilot pens- Color mixing!!!  Seriously!  I used ONE pen... (the blue) and then touched the tip of it to the tip of a pen with a different color ink cartridge (pink) and then wrote... and it picked up the pink and then slowly fed the blue back in... which...obviously.... blended the colors.... Wow!  What fun!

At the moment I only have 4 pens- but 12 colors of inks..... guess I will have to purchase some MORE pens to accommodate my .... extensive color needs.... haha!  

Truthfully.... I still MOSTLY use black ink.... by far!!  But, stepping out to explore color is a fun diversion!

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment