Thursday, March 16, 2017

St. Paddy's Day

So... here is the naked truth.... I love St. Patrick's Day.... LOVE it!   My absolute favorite holiday....

Yes... I am silly.....

Yes.... I am.....

But I crank up the music with some good Irish tunes... folk songs.... jigs.... ballads.... etc..... I drive in the car with the music turned up.. to get my Irish on....

I wear green.... of course.....

I usually have my students do some fabulous activities - writing about leprechauns, finding treats that the leprechauns brought us.... counting Lucky Charms and graphing them.... etc. etc. etc...... and we can't forget to read lovely stories to find out more about what leprechauns do....  
When we leave for the day, the children go home with their new found Irish accent... or a reasonable facsimile thereof..... haha!  

I got busy with some Irish sayings to brighten up your day!
Cheers!


I just couldn't decide which one I would like better.... so... I made them both...  






Have joy!
judifer

No comments:

Post a Comment