Sunday, November 27, 2016

watercolor fun

I decided to try out some new brushes yesterday.  To make it quick and easy, I just grabbed some inexpensive kids' watercolor paints and regular old copy paper..... I was not intending to begin a "project" or thinking that it would be my next work of art.... I just wanted to try out the brushes.... 

I started with practicing strokes... just strokes.... 

I am accomplished at painting.... usually using acrylics.....   (I like the control...... haha!)    I am also very accomplished at lettering.... but usually using a variety of pens.... (I LOVE pens..... )

But not so much with watercolor and not so much with watercolor brushes...... 

That being said...... WOW!!! I could become addicted!   Oh! MY!   I loved them..... 

So.... quickly I changed from just strokes, to see what would happen if I dabbled with some words..... 
again.... regular old paper... so, it is easy to bleed ...... but.... I didn't want to waste the watercolor paper on doodling...... 



No comments:

Post a Comment