Saturday, November 11, 2017

Time to think about the holidays...

I started cleaning up my porch today, preparing it for winter.  I put away my fall things... yes... technically it is not quite Thanksgiving yet... but the cold is arriving... We have even had a touch of snow... and ... it will get too cold to do a lot of outdoor tidying too soon.... PLUS... I was just in the mood!  Haha!  (That is really the main issue... )....

So.... I got my fall tucked away... and my winter... started, but not quite finished...

Actually, that puts me right where I want to be..... It gives me something to enjoy playing with in the upcoming days when I come home from work... something to pitter with...  

I washed down the chalkboard welcome sign and updated it with a new message... I debated and debated what to write on it...
That is the thing about chalkboards... the temporary nature of them.... Most of what I make ends up on paper or wood- in ink or paint... but chalk... when it is wiped clean.... it is just... gone.... so... photos have to remind me what I had.... I cannot put it out from year to year... so... EACH time I change it- I want it to be special for THAT moment.... (or season..... or occasion.... )  

Here are my chalky delights for today...   I hope you enjoy!  

This was a large chalkboard sign hanging in a store.  I was lucky to get it when they no longer wanted it.  





This one is about 12 X 18.  Perfect for a little message on the porch.  


Time to get our holidays started!  
Cheers!
judifer

No comments:

Post a Comment