Sunday, October 29, 2017

Good Hearted

I am loving being home alone this morning.  The sun is bright and cheery and the quiet is blissful.  I remember the days when I was home full time- with my little ones... I would put some laundry in (always laundry... always laundry!)  and then I would clear up breakfast and get started on the dinner... in the crockpot or get a casserole made... and bread... nothing like fresh bread ... Most days I would get a batch of bread going to feed those kids when they got home from school, to take to a sick friend or a mom with a new little one.... yes.... always bread.

Then, after a morning of being busy tidying my little nest, I would head to my designated project(s)....  I sewed or painted or cut wood or handstitched..... every.... single...... day.......   I had tables set up in my dark, damp basement... that I optimistically call "the craft room"......  (Sometimes it was called a living room.... sometimes a bedroom.... but almost always.... "the craft room")......
I had it set up with 'in progress' types of projects..... So one area had tables of neatly stacked sewing projects (with my NOTES- to remind me what I was doing with what)... Each project in various stages of completeness.    In the same room but in a different corning was my painting area... where I taught classes... or just did my own thing....   I sold things at craft fairs.  I was hired by interior designers to paint murals.  I painted CLOTHING for unique, one of kind stores....  I LOVED it.   I loved waking up to the happy anticipation of what fun I was going to get up to that day....   My kids followed me around and sat on my lap as I created.   I jumped up to move the laundry as needed.  I strolled past the kitchen and enjoyed the lovely aromas of home cooked meals in progress.

This morning reminded me of that time....   Well..... the laundry part, anyway.... haha!!  I also did dishes and swept the floor and changed the sheets and hauled out the trash..... haha!!!

and.....

I sat at my tiny workstation and did a bit of artwork.  Enough to warm my cockles a bit.
black and white sketch 


Hint of blue 


Hint of pink 
Just a little...

Cheers!
judifer

No comments:

Post a Comment