Sunday, September 10, 2017

Lost in the Back to School Craziness

I have a love/hate relationship with "Back to School".....

I do LOVE the children- very, very quickly we bond and they become part of my heart forever.  

That being said, the GRIND of beginnning a new year is TOUGH.  Every waking, sleeping, breathing moment is taken over by SCHOOL STUFF......

and I sort of fall off the planet..........

The parts of me that are SO ME..... get left of the shelf.... or under the bed.... I am not sure... but .... gone.... as if they never existed.  

Yesterday I was determined to find my marbles.... scattered though they were.... and see if I could recapture a little bit of what makes me tick....

I got up early (at 5 a.m. on a Saturday!!!) and made my newest grandbaby a tiny little outfit.   It will look darling on her.....

It really is quite tiny.  The photo makes it look big..... haha!  This is 0 - 3 months size.  
Then, I made some pumpking bread.... Oh YES I did.... I need to feel something ..... something dreamy and FALL-like...... And pumpkin bread made my house smell heavenly.... heavenly!!!  


And then in the evening, I got out a handful of pens and sat on the couch with a clipboard to draw/sketch/write a while...... It is soothing to me.... They were doodles and jotted notes.... NOT completed projects.... but the DOING is what makes me feel good..... the BEING who I am inside.   


 I am hoping/wishing happy FALL thoughts on us all!  

Cheers!  
judifer


No comments:

Post a Comment